Re: RubyGems package
I made the new package for the current upstream: 0.8.4.
David Moreno Garza wrote:
* libgems-ruby fails while building it on a clean (pbuilder)
I added libzlib-ruby1.8 into build-dependences. Now pbuilder goes well.
* Depending on ruby on debian/control indicates:
The new build-dependences should contain enough packages.
* Since libgems-ruby will provide atm libgems-ruby1.8, this last one
should be an indep-arch package (both are architecture dependant).
What does mean 'atm' ?
Anyway, I rewrote with "Architecture: all". I misunderstood 'any' with
Thanks. I am in the process of New Maintainer.
Personally I build the package from 0.8.1. I deleted all the old
entries. Now it has only 0.8.4's.
* Personal suggestion: Since there is not previous package on the
archive, why list other versions on debian/changelog?
RubyGems in my packages does not install anything at
/usr/local/lib/site_ruby so that it should not look there.
I tried to install rails by it and had an error that says 'drb not
found' (I think it relates to Rails' gem). After installing drb and
libdrb-ruby* it worked.
* While writing this mail, somebody at #d-ruby asked for help installing
a gem, so I forwarded him/her to your package, and this is what he/she
<britt_radiofree> damog, gem install rails fails complaining about not
having rubygems src
<britt_radiofree> i don't see it in the repository though
<britt_radiofree> Could not find RubyGem sources (> 0.0.0)
* Upstream latest release is not 0.8.3, why not package 0.8.4?
I put the new one at the same site.