Re: Your "mysql-mm" stable upload

Hi,

On 14.09.2012 07:44, Hideki Yamane wrote:
On Fri, 14 Sep 2012 06:26:21 +0100
"Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> wrote:
I noticed that you've uploaded a "mysql-mm" package to the "stable NEW" queue. However both the version and changelog for the update suggest it was intended for the backports.d.o archive and there doesn't appear to have been any discussion regarding the upload on debian-release; please
could you confirm what the intention was?

Well, just I intended to ask after upload to stable-proposed-updates,
 and I misunderstood it's okay.

 My intention is
  - fix RC (lack for depends) in stable as well as testing/unstable
- didn't know appropriate version number for s-p-u, so use bpo option

The upload is intended to be discussed beforehand, at which point we could have advised you on the correct version number scheme. All of these issues are covered in the Developers Reference - http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#upload-stable - and past mails to d-d-a; maybe it's time for another one. :-(

In any case, proposed-updates is not backports, so the current upload is definitely incorrect. The patch itself looks okay though. I'll get the current package rejected so that a corrected upload can be made. Once you receive confirmation from dak that it's been rejected, please feel free to re-upload using version number 2.2.1-1.1+squeeze1 and without mentioning backports in the changelog. :-)

It would be appreciated if you could follow the procedures described above for any future uploads.

Regards,

Adam