Re: lesstif2 multiarch conversion

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 6:01 AM, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> As I already said elsewhere, bumping debhelper and enabling multiarch is
> what I consider invasive changes, with possible breakages in the reverse
> dependencies, which one might only notice long after they are
> introduced. Even for the sake of getting rid of ia32-libs, that seems
> way too late for me.

What if these changes could be done without a debhelper bump?  The
lesstif2 patch is not bumping debhelper (see attached), and #680887 in
openjpeg could have been solved in a different way that would not have
bumped debhelper (the arch-dependent files could be excluded from
dh_stripping).

I'm trying to be as reactive as I can about breakages I cause
(although I admit that 've been too trigger-happy with openjpeg and
I'll not do that anymore), and we have quite a bit of time until the
release (looking at 650 rc bugs right now).

Best wishes,
Mike