Re: libpqxx v4.0 sid upload

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 12:04:32PM +0100, Marcin Kulisz wrote:
> On 2012-06-19 12:26:39, Julien Cristau wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 11:20:30 +0100, Marcin Kulisz wrote:
> > > I'd like to upload (not personally but by my sponsor [thx Matthijs btw]) new
> > > version of pqxx (postgresql bindings for C++) to unstable. I'm putting urgency
> > > to medium to make it before freeze.
> > Are you kidding?  What do you think the point of the urgency field is?
> As an answer I'll ask you if those questions are rhetorical? If they are not
> I'll try to answer them.
> To answer your 1st question answer is no. Answer to your 2nd question is 'I
> think so' as DP is not very complicated in this case.
> Is it satisfactory for you?

No. His question was "What do you think the point of the urgency field is?" and
"I think so" is not a valid reply to that one.

> > > Maintainers of the packages dependant on libpqxx have been asked to try it as
> > > it has been upload to experimental some time ago.
> > > Therefore I'm hoping everything is ok and that release team has no objections
> > > to above.
> > No, this is very much not OK.  The time for such requests ended at least
> > a month ago.
> In this case what are you suggesting me/us to do, as freeze is not there yet?

It feels very cold already. It will be here really soon now.

Given that your package contains an ABI bump it's a transition and the deadline
for those has passed already, sorry.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern