armhf / s390x
As discussed on IRC yesterday, I've been running some test britney runs
to look at an initial push of armhf and s390x packages to testing.
The nett result is that with a few small hammers (a force-hint for a
dozen or so binary packages, a couple of urgents and a couple of forces
to handle missing mipsel builds) we add ~4500 packages for each of armhf
and s390x to testing, the vast majority of which are installable.
Those that aren't installable are mostly "core-ish", but the issues
aren't armhf or s390x specific. As a quick overview of a few I
- the kernel images depend on initramfs-tools, which depends on udev,
which depends on util-linux, which FTBFS (#650534)
- perl and apt-utils depend on db, which is blocked by openldap fun
(#651692 / #651333)
- python-$several (e.g. newt) depend on python2.7, which currently
FTBFS on mips and kfreebsd-*
- curl depends on openldap; see above
- e2fsprogs depends on libblkid1 from util-linux; see above
Those are somewhat annoying, but I think we can live with them in the
short term given that they're not armhf or s390x issues as such.