Bug#630511: Please transition gnutls26 for multiarch
On 2011-08-12 Julien Cristau <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 07:20:17 +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> > FYI I will probably upload to unstable without further notice once
> > 2.10.5-3 has transitioned to testing.
> > cu andreas
> That's unhelpful...
I am sorry you feel that way, but quite honestly I do not know what
I should have done better.
I have asked on debian-release very early (March 25), without
receiving feedback. Then (in April or May) I asked #debian-release and
was told to wait. Then I opened a transition bug report in June
without receiving feedback. Then I sent a mail to the bug report in
mid of July that I was still waiting for feedback. Then end of July I
sent the above heads-up that I was going to upload real soon. 8 days
later I did the upload.
If you had told me to wait (another week or month) obviously I would
have done that. I did not write "no matter what you tell me I will
upload". I really tried playing nice, but this felt like talking
to a black hole.
The timing was not arbitrary either, upstream made a new major
release, which I could not upload, since experimental had oldstable
and sid old-old-stable.
`What a good friend you are to him, Dr. Maturin. His other friends are
so grateful to you.'
`I sew his ears on from time to time, sure'