Bug#633486: transition: libdbi
A new version of libdbi has been uploaded, which includes an ABI
incompatibility with previous version, and an soname bump. (This ABI
incompatibility was due to an unfortunate mistake by upstream autor in the
enum error numbers, if I remember right.)
If you need libdbi in your package, please note that you should switch from
depending on libdbi0-dev (which was the name of the package when I took over
maintainership because of the previous maintainer was gone MIA) to the more
standard libdbi-dev instead. Because of this, a source-full upload with this
fix will be prefered over a binNMU, even if the latest version of libdbi-dev
has a Provides: libdbi0-dev.
Also, I would like to use this opportunity to ask for co-maintainership for
the following reasons:
- I don't really use libdbi myself
- I took over because of a MIA previous maitainer, and because it was one
of the build-dependency for another package that I maintain (mod_log_sql).
- I don't feel very comfortable with this complex package to do it alone.
- I maintain quite a bunch of packages in Debian already, and I fear to not
have enough time to maintain libdbi correctly. This has created issues
already, and I don't want it to happen again.
- libdbi has a quite high score in popcon, showing that it is an important
package that deserves the love and care of more than a unique maintainer.
Note that I'm not orphaning the package yet, as I still feel I can help (I
did design the test suite calls for libdbi-drivers, together with the Ubuntu
maintainer, which was quite some work), but only asking if others would like
to share the responsibility of this package.
So if you'd like to co-maintain libdbi with me, please get in touch, and I'll
take the necessary steps (move of the git to colab-maint, etc.).
Thomas Goirand (zigo)
-- System Information:
Debian Release: 6.0.2
APT prefers stable-updates
APT policy: (500, 'stable-updates'), (500, 'stable')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Kernel: Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64 (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_US.utf8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.utf8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash