Re: please consider a newer version of approx for stable-proposed-updates

Hi,

Eric Cooper <ecc@cmu.edu> (10/05/2011):
> On Sun, May 08, 2011 at 05:23:59PM -0400, Eric Cooper wrote: >
> Alternatively, I can add a one-line patch to 4.5-1 that simply
> denies > requests for InRelease files (forcing the clients to fall
> back to > Release + Release.gpg files).
>
> I have gone ahead with this approach; here is the patch against
> version 4.5-1: […]

it looks quite sane to me, and also works just fine:
 - my squeeze system saw the exim4 security update.
 - debootstrapping squeeze or sid just works again.
 - all my chroots upgrade happily again.

(As an approx user,) I'd be happy to see this in the next point
release.

Thanks again.

Mraw,
KiBi.