Re: Insighttoolkit transition weirdness

On 05/04/2011 06:47 AM, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> On Tue, May 03, 2011 at 09:52:06AM +0200, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
>> On 05/03/2011 02:51 AM, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
>>>
>>> The testing migration excuses [1] claims insighttoolkit is out of
>>> date on kfreebsd-amd64 and mipsel.  In fact, however, both arches
>>> are installed in the pool [2].
>>>
>>> Can someone help this package to transition, please?
>>>

>> That's normal. Note that the message mentions the library package (namely
>> libinsighttoolkit3.18). It got decrufted on other architectures because
>> there were no packages using it anymore. But, on kfreebsd-amd64 and mipsel,
>> it seems to still have some reverse dependencies [1].
>
> How did you generate your list?  When I run "apt-cache rdepends
> libinsighttoolkit3.18", I get a much smaller list:

That gives you only those find on your architecture. To find the
complete list,
I ran "grep-dctrl -FDepends libinsighttoolkit3.18" on Packages_mipsel and
Packages_kfreebsd-amd64 (because only these architectures were mentioned
in the
excuses).

> The first four are not a problem since they are part of insighttoolkit
> itself.  The package ants is one that you listed.  However, I don't
> see why it would be a problem only on kfreebsd-amd64 and mipsel.  It
> hasn't been updated in months for any architecture according to
>
>   https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=ants

Well, actually, ants depends on libinsighttoolkit3.18 on all architectures,
and is RC-buggy. I guess I'll remove it from testing.

libinsighttoolkit3.18 needs to be decrufted, waiting for FTP folks to
proceed.
After that, it should be able to migrate.

Regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي
http://dogguy.org/