Re: GMP transition: 4.3.2 to 5.0.1?

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 21:17:47 -0500, Steve M. Robbins wrote:

> Hi Julien,
>
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 07:42:13PM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
>
> > So this is going pretty badly.  gmp has a *lot* of reverse dependencies.
>
> [ ... ]
>
> > I'm not sure what to do at this point.
>
> I'm working my way through the dependent packages shown at
> http://release.debian.org/transitions/gmp5.html uploading
> new versions with the build-dep changed.

Most of them shouldn't need any build-dep changes since they're not
versioned.  So no NMUs necessary for those.

> If there's a better way to accomplish this, I'm eager to
> learn it.

Well I tried to mention some ways this was suboptimal in my previous
mail.  Probably too late to do anything about it right now though, other
than decide if we want to revert.

Cheers,
Julien