Re: Clarification request regarding translation updates

On Mon, Jan  3, 2011 at 21:35:56 +0100, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The release team has sent a (in my reading) pretty unambiguous statement to
> DDA that only uploads that fix RC bugs will be unblocked. However, I've seen a
> number of unblocks for translation updates since. So it's unclear to me now
> whether I should be uploading updates for Debconf po translations or not. Can
> you please clarify?

If an RC bug fix gets uploaded together with translation updates, that's
fine.  Translation updates on their own aren't grounds for freeze
exceptions anymore.  (Something like util-linux, which just added a
debconf template in the last upload as part of an RC bug fix, would
probably get unblocked with some translations though.)

Cheers,
Julien