Re: freeze exception -- bugzilla3 3.6.3.0-1

Quoting Julien Cristau (jcristau@debian.org):
> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 22:05:47 +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2010-11-25 at 21:07 +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > > $ debdiff ftp/pool/main/b/bugzilla/bugzilla_3.6.{2.0-4,3.0-2}.dsc 2>/dev/null | diffstat | tail -n1
> > >  1645 files changed, 80807 insertions(+), 94494 deletions(-)
> > >
> > > A lot of that is probably ignorable as it relates to changes in CVS
> > > and .svn{,-base} files and directories (why are those even in the diff?)
> > > but at this stage of the freeze we shouldn't be having to spend
> > > significant amounts of time reviewing diffs where the patches for the
> > > required fixes amount to less than two hundred lines of nett changes.
> >
> > As a follow-up note, if you can identify any significant parts of the
> > above which are likely not to be relevant to the Debian package, that
> > would be helpful in persuading us that the unstable package should be
> > accepted, rather than requesting a t-p-u upload with the extracted
> > fixes.
> >
> Ping.  Can this be addressed or the security and RC fixes uploaded to
> tpu?

I made an attempt yesterday after being pointed at this by Julien (I
was trying to get debconf l10n fixed and uploaded a package to tpu
with these fixes....sorry, I should have asked before).

However, the build system of that package is not well known to me
(upstream tarballs in the source package) and I don't know how to
properly patch the sources with the two security fixes. Just naively
dropping them to a newly-created debian/patches and creating
debian/patches/series didn't work as expected.

So, I gave up.

If anyone is working on this, I would deeply appreciate if the two
debconf translations that are fixed in unstable  would be fixed in the
tpu upload.