Re: Unblock request for suricata 1.0.2

On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 21:03 +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 17:58 +0100, Pierre Chifflier wrote:
> > Suricata 1.0.2 was released after the freeze, and it fixes several
> > bugs (exactly, "half a dozen TCP evasions").
> > See http://www.packetstan.com/2010/09/suricata-tcp-evasions.html
> >
> > The git commits are more or less exactly the fixes, so I am proposing to unblock
> > suricata 1.0.2 since porting the fixes would be equivalent to the
> > entire release ..
>
> >From a quick look at the diff, and the upstream release announcement, I
> have to admit that my initial impression is that there's quite a bit
> more than the security fixes here.

I've just had a quick look at your t-p-u upload for suricata.  Without
getting too far in to checking the patches themselves, one thing that I
noticed is that the diff adds nine new patches to debian/patches but
debian/patches/series is only eight lines long.

0012-moving-http_client_body-logic-to-use-it-per-transact.patch is
mentioned neither in debian/patches/series, nor the changelog; was it
intended to be included in the package, or is it simply cruft which
{sh,c}ould be ignored when reviewing the diff?

Regards,

Adam