Choosing a stable+2 release name BEFORE the freeze
This may have been said before, if so, my apologies.
I've noticed that, each time, the stable+2 release name is chosen when
stable+1 is frozen.
I have, on one of my package (DTC-Xen), the feature to (de)bootstrap a
virtual machine. Because of this, the default Debian flavor is asked
through debconf. Of course, I wish to enable my users to select stable+1
as a flavor.
But the issue is that, only when Squeeze was frozen, I got to know that
Squeeze+1 would be called Wheezy. Of course, I then needed to ask for an
unblock, so that I could add the new Debian flavor name on my debconf
Now, I suspect that I wouldn't be the only one in this case (I'm quite
sure I saw at least one more instance of the same issue).
So, my request is quite simple. Could the name for the release after
Wheezy be chosen when Squeeze is release? To me, that would be the
relevant moment to decide, I can't see a case where we would need it
more early (but I do see issues if it's decided later). That way, anyone
working on some SID packages would be able to have the name of Wheezy+1
wired-in if needed, before Wheeze is frozen, and get a chance to avoid
Thomas Goirand (zigo)