Please consider migrating gearman-interface 0.13.2-2 to testing
Hello Debian Release Team, and thank you for your hard work!
I am the maintainer for the gearman-interface source package.
I hope that you will consider migrating v0.13.2-2 of gearman-interface and its associated binaries, python-gearman.libgearman and python3-gearman.libgearman, into testing, rather than dropping them. Currently the version in testing has this grave bug:
0.13.2-2 was recently uploaded to unstable, and fixes the problem, which is purely a build issue. It has this changelog:
* debian/rules: moving tarball .c files out of the way so swig will
rebuild and ship the .py files. (Closes: #593642)
* add description of gearman to long description (quiets lintian)
* Removing unnecessary build depends on ruby/rubygems
* Version build-dep on python3
* change python:Provides to python3:Provides
* re-enable dh_usrlocal
* Added watch file
Because the python3 change adds a versioned build dependency on python3 (>= 3.1.2-6~), it will have to wait for python3 3.1.2-6 to migrate into testing, which I see, has already been granted an exception and should be migrated in 3 days.
please cc: me on any replies as I am not subscribed to debian-release.
Thank you for your time,