Re: Notes on IRC meeting

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 10:28:58PM +0100, Marc Brockschmidt wrote:
> Heya,
>
> We had a short, rather spontaneous (arranged this afternoon) meeting in
> #debian-release. Here are the notes, feel free to comment if anything
> seems weird, plain wrong or otherwise makes you wish to say something:
>
> Current transitions and things that need to be done in the near future:
>  * imagemagick:
>    - Bugs filed (double-check), porters need to prodded, might be done
>      in a week
>    - adsb is tracking it
>  * liblo:
>    - Hanging on sivp, bugs needs to be filed, might be solved by removing
>    -  HE is tracking it
>  * python2.6:
>    - Phase 1: add support for 2.6 for multi-python-supporting packages
>    - Phase 2:
>      + build packages for default version 2.6
>      + Known open issues:
>        http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=python2.6;users=debian-python@lists.debian.org
>    - aba is tracking it
>  * mpi-default switch:
>    - might lead to arch-specific problems
>    - lucas will try a switch to mpich2 on amd64 to find possible
>      problems, report to -release@
>  * parted:
>    - Colin sent mail to -release, detailing everything needed
>    - phil is tracking it
>
> Some other transitions we know about and have discussed in some detail:
>  * eglibc:
>    - waiting in experimental, waiting for hppa-specific fixes (#573991)
>    - lucas will do a rebuild to identify possible breakage
>  * BLAS/LAPACK:
>    - looks complicated, need more information
>    - HE is tracking it
>  * ruby1.9 -> ruby1.9.1:
>    - already ongoing (20 packages, half done)
>    - needs to fix ruby1.9.1/sparc FTBFS (new kernel?)
>    - HE is tracking it

Marc, I think we've put sufficient effort into trying to reproduce
this sparc failure outside of buildds and failed in all cases.
Personally, I'm fine with doing a porter upload for it to move things
forward, if the release team is ok with it.

Best regards,
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org
Key: http://www.wooyd.org/pgpkey/                      KeyID: C99E03CC