Re: RC severity for Python 2.6 related bugs

* Luca Falavigna (dktrkranz@debian.org) [100227 20:19]:
> after some discussions on #debian-python, I'd like to propose
> increasing severity of Python 2.6 related bugs [1] to serious.
>
> Some Release Team members already stated they want Python 2.6 for
> Squeeze, and having more focus on those bugs gives interested developers
> more chances to provide patches and eventually prepare NMUs.

Normally we don't want that as NMUing important bugs is allowed as
well as with RC bugs, and people who want something to change should
be prepared to do the work for it.

However, given the very good past record of the python people on
providing bug fixes and NMUing (and that many issues are already
resolved), I think this is the exception of the rule. In other words:
yes, please go ahead. (I just assume that you all will continue to
work on bug fixes, NMUs etc.)

Thanks for your great work on python.

Cheers,
Andi