Time-based freezes

Dear release team members,

As far as I can tell, the press release during DebConf9[0] is still
taken to be the official position of the Debian project, at least if
I scan the pertinent media sources.

Luk's e-mail updates have not overly embraced the original proposal,
but the media does not read those, it seems.

We have a non-binding freeze date for squeeze in March, but I am not
sure if that is the beginning of the next cycle, or just in
anticipation of the 18 month release cycle that would have squeeze
come out in August 2010 (a five month freeze is long, but probably
realistic).

0. http://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/2009/msg00009.html

Would it be possible to get an updated statement? Will there be
regular freezes from now on? What period? I think we should issue
a press release about this.

Thanks,

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

"in the country of the blind,
 the one-eyed man is not king.
 he is taken to be a hallucinating lunatic."
                                                     -marshall mcluhan