Re: Scheduling Perl 5.10.1

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 08:09:56PM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> Niko Tyni wrote:

> > Do you have any preference about the timing of the sid upload wrt.
> > other transitions or shall I just go ahead and do it?
>
> Apparently you uploaded already, disturbing some existing transitions as
> well as having an ICE on ia64...

Yes. Apologies for any disturbance I've caused. I honestly thought you
didn't care, given the lack of response and the (seemingly) minor effects
of the new version (no incompatible ABI changes etc.) We live and learn.

I did send a follow-up on Thursday announcing my intentions, and just
a quick 'please hold' would have helped.

> Do you have an idea how we can fix the ICE?

Not yet, sorry. The obvious first try is to lower the optimization
level. I'm looking into it (but any help is obviously appreciated.)
--
Niko Tyni   ntyni@debian.org