planning directfb 1.4 transition
(cc'ing related teams)
This is an informative mail. I have uploaded DirectFB 1.4 to experimental.
At some point, the transition could be started (after coordination
with the related maintainers).
I didn't tried myself to rebuild affected packages yet.
Thus, quoting upstream:
Most software will run out-of-the-box after a recompile.
The major changes are listed here:
* Functions to rotate windows and layers:
* Functions to alter or initialise keymaps:
* DWOP_FOLLOW_BOUNDS: make the bounds of a window follow the parent bounds.
Note that this requires the SaWMan window manager to function.
* DWCAPS_SUBWINDOW: create a subwindow instead of a top-level window.
* New pixel format: RGBA4444
* added DFBSurfaceHintFlags to surface creation to optimise e.g.
Let me know if there's known blockers.
ps: please cc me, I'm not subscribed to debian-boot or debian-gtk-gnome lists.