Suggestion for removal: acl2.
Dear release team,
I would like to suggest to remove RC-bugged acl2 package from testing. The
arguments for this are:
1) acl2 is a leaf package:
aqwa『~』$ apt-cache rdepends acl2
2) acl2 maintainer does not keep up with his packages (not a moral judgement,
but just a bad prognostic on wether he can help solving the issue).
3) Removal was proposed on 25 Oct 2008 in the bug report and the maintainer has
4) acl2 has a Popcon installation score of 77 (18 votes).
Arguments against removal:
1) acl2 is in Etch, so the removal is a regression.
2) The bug is not unfixable.
I would nevertheless argue in favor of the removal, for the sake of
concentrating efforts on the packages whithout which Debian can not release.
Have a nice day,
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan