Consider tagging #502858 lenny-ignore (was: Re: aptitude: changelog entry malformed)

(CC'ing debian-release because their input makes sense..)

Hi,

Y Giridhar Appaji Nag wrote:
>On 08/10/20 22:04 +1100, Ben Finney said ...
>> Package: aptitude
>> Version: 0.4.11.9-1lenny1
>> Severity: serious
>> Justification: violates Policy §4.4
>
> This part of the policy is a "should" and not a "must".  I'll leave it
> to the package maintainer, but I suppose this bug is not "serious".  It
> would be made "must" (post #489460 which is not yet released).

I disagree that the severity should be lowered, because according to
the documentation on bugs.d.o this severity is perfectly fine for such kind
of issues. However I agree that this issue shouldn't hinder us from
releasing (if it would be the only rc bug ;), so in my pov
the release-team should tag this a lenny-ignore issue.

What does release team say about this?

Best Regards,
Patrick