Re: guile-1.8 (1.8.5+1-2) recommended for lenny

2008/8/14 Rob Browning <rlb@defaultvalue.org>:
> Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt <he@ftwca.de> writes:
>
>> Rob Browning <rlb@defaultvalue.org> writes:
>
>>> I just uploaded a new version, 1.8.5+1-3, which I hope will fix the
>>> remaining issues.  This version may also fix the long-standing
>>> problem with support for ia64.
>>
>> I'm a bit uneasy about this, as the new patch for the ia64 issues
>> touches some code in libguile/continuations.c for all
>> architectures. Is that a mistake?

Per Debian criteria, I guess it might be.  In terms of how this fix
affected Guile, no, it isn't.  In other words, as far as Guile is
concerned, I belive that this patch had no net effect for
architectures other than ia64.  And it was upstream a few months ago,
so I think we have at least a little evidence to support this.

> I think it's probably not, but I'm cc'ing Neil for further comment.  I
> believe the patch is probably OK, and is the current upstream code.

Agreed.

> Neil, presuming you know, is there any reason to think that the ia64
> patch might be likely to cause trouble elsewhere,

No.

> and conversely, if
> we were to leave it out, should there be any affects other than
> (re)breaking ia64?

No.

Regards,
     Neil