Change name of package in lenny

Hi to all
I'm the maintainer of pidgin-msn-pecan package in Debian. The upstream
has contacted me to ask to rename the source package and the deb
package to msn-pecan and to change a build-dep from pidgin-dev to
libpurple-dev because msn-pecan is not a plugin for pidgin but a msn
protocol also for telepathy. This is a my error and I want to fix it.
There is a way to includes this changes also in lenny? If not, is
possible to request the deletion of the package in lenny?

Thanks
Devid Filoni