Re: status of default syslog daemon for lenny

Jonas Meurer wrote:
> Hey debian-release,

Hi

> Just wanted to bring up that topic again. I believe it's far to late for
> changing the default syslog daemon for lenny to rsyslog, albeit I think
> it would be really desirable.

It's not too late for that, though I would rather have that the involved
package maintainers agree on the issue than that the Release Team
'decides' what syslog daemon should be the default for Lenny. Apparently
it's either staying with sysklogd or going to rsyslog, so I Cc-ed both
maintainers.

Cheers

Luk