Re: binNMUs for libffi4 removal

On Tue, 06 May 2008, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:
> > since pygobject version 2.14.1-3, reverse dependencies shouldn't get a
> > gratuitous dependency on libffi anymore. Still, there are some remaining
> > packages that depend on libffi4. Now that this package is being removed,
> > it is necessary to rebuild them.
> >
> > Therefore, can anyone schedule the following binNMUs ?
>
> I've scheduled binNMUs for chatplus chicken exaile gnome-python-extras
> guile-gnome-platform listen medit nautilus-python notify-python papaya
> pygoocanvas pygtksourceview quodlibet sablevm squeak-vm streamtuner
> virt-manager vte.
> Those should remove the spurious deps and transition everything else to
> libffi5.

Thanks.

sablevm and squeak-vm needs a sourceful upload as they build-depend on
libffi4-dev. I just filed the bug on squeak-vm as it was introduced after
doko filed the bugs.

What tool do you use do identify the list of packages to bin-nmu? is
there already a (dedicated) tool that checks dependencies on all arches?

(I ask because several of the packages listed above already have a
dependency on libffi5 on i386 (virt-manager or streamtuner for example))

Raphaël Hertzog