Re: flashrom transition to testing

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 15:30:46 +0200, Uwe Hermann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm curious what I can do to help the latest flashrom upload transition
> to testing, see
>
> http://release.debian.org/migration/testing.pl?package=flashrom
>
> The "not yet built on arm" is bogus, the package doesn't list arm as one
> of its architectures anymore.

In which case you need to request the removal of the obsolete binary
from the archive, by filing a bug against the ftp.debian.org
pseudopackage.

> Then there's ia64, which seems to not even attempt to build the latest
> version of the package. It's been 36 days now, and the upload before
> even had a longer waiting period but ia64 was never built.
>
> http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?arch=ia64&pkg=flashrom
>
> Is there some known issue with ia64 autobuilders or can this be fixed
> manually somehow?

See
http://cvs.debian.org/srcdep/Packages-arch-specific?rev=1.743&root=dak&view=auto
%flashrom: !hppa !ia64 !m68k !sparc                                   # sys/io.h

If flashrom is supposed to build on ia64, then P-a-s ought to be fixed.
If not, see arm.

Cheers,
Julien