RM: xwine - obsolete; security issue
*** Please type your report below this line ***
The package xwine should be removed from both lenny and sid.
The main reason for this is that the program is simply obsolete:
* It configures /etc/wine/config + ~/.wine/config.
* Recent versions of wine do not refer to those files for
Contributing factors for removal include:
* #460783 xwine: your package depends from gnome-libs that is scheduled for removal
* #468050: Security problems present in xwine
* Non-responsive maintainer.
I've CC'd the maintainer, who I've not asked about this, and also
the release team to handle the removal from Lenny.
-- System Information:
Debian Release: lenny/sid
APT prefers unstable
APT policy: (500, 'unstable'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Kernel: Linux 2.6.18-4-xen-amd64 (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_GB.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_GB.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash