Re: ICU transition status: ready for hint?

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 04:37:49PM -0500, Jay Berkenbilt wrote:

> I'm looking at various packages in
> http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl to try to tell whether ICU 3.8
> is ready to transition to testing, and as far as I can tell, it looks
> like it and its reverse dependencies (openoffice.org, pyicu,
> firebird2.0, xerces27, xerces28, maybe others I'm momentarily
> forgetting) are all ready to go in together.  If so, can they be
> hinted?  If not, then I must have overlooked something.  Thanks.

$ grep-excuses openoffice.org
openoffice.org (2.2.1-10 to 1:2.3.1-3)
    Maintainer: Debian OpenOffice Team
    3 days old (needed 2 days)
    Updating openoffice.org fixes old bugs: #454463
    Updating mozilla-openoffice.org fixes old bugs: #449528
    Valid candidate
    Invalidated by dependency
    Not considered
    Depends: openoffice.org hsqldb
    Depends: openoffice.org icu
    Depends: openoffice.org gcc-defaults (not considered)
$

Unfortunately, the hint /was/ ready to go, but it was stalled by a bug on
openoffice.org-voikko being wrongly closed in a binNMU version, and then the
above version of openoffice.org hit the archive when it wasn't supposed to
and is now blocked on gcc-defaults, which is hung up on gcj-4.2 on arm.