Re: proposed sqlite3 transition

On Tue, Dec 25, 2007 at 05:50:08PM +0100, Laszlo Boszormenyi wrote:

> With the upload of sqlite3 3.5.4 to experimental, I would like to ask
> everyone who build depend on SQLite3, please test it as its inner is
> changed a lot.

Then you should be addressing debian-devel, not debian-release.

> Also I would like to propose SQLite (v2) to be removed as being
> unmaintained for a long time, I hope all related packages can be easily
> ported to SQLite3. What's the release team standpoint on this?

It's impractical to remove sqlite2 from unstable until much of this porting
work has already been done, and the package won't be removed from testing
while it still has reverse-dependencies there.  Currently, there are 55
packages in testing that build-depend on sqlite2 - including qt4-x11 and
php5.