Re: mips and mipsel buildd's dysfunctional?

On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 21:04 -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 22, 2007 at 05:33:48AM +0100, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:

[rebuild request of shogun on mips and mipsel]
> [...]
> dh_shlibdeps -pshogun-octave
> dpkg-shlibdeps: failure: couldn't find library liboctinterp.so (note: only packages with 'shlibs' files are looked into).
> [...]
>
> This isn't a failure caused by the dpkg-shlibdeps flux, it's a case of
> dpkg-shlibdeps correctly detecting missing shlibs for this library.  Unless
> you have reason to believe that this bug is fixed in the package
> responsible, there's not much point in giving back shogun, is there?

I've seen this problem with older shlibdeps on i386 too. Back in
November I asked Raphael Hertzog on how to fix it and he said I am doing
the right thing [1] and it builds on all archs except mips and mipsel
now. So yes I think it is not a bug in shogun this time, but was caused
by the autobuilders using a dpkg version prior to 1.14.11.

Soeren

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2007/11/msg00765.html

--
For the one fact about the future of which we can be certain is that it
will be utterly fantastic. -- Arthur C. Clarke, 1962