libmimedir-gnome hint

Please CC me, I'm not subscribed to d-r

> On 13/12/2007, Neil Williams wrote:
>> libmimedir-gnome is overdue to migrate into testing and is holding
>> back other packages like gpe-bluetooth, gpe-calendar and gpe-contacts
>> - AFAICT because of hurd-i386.
>
> Actually, no. See the “The package has not yet entered testing even
> though the 10-day delay is over. Check why.” link on the PTS:

I have checked that page and the ones linked to it from the other
packages. I always check those pages before making requests to d-r.

> | # Updating libmimedir-gnome makes 6 depending packages uninstallable
> | # on i386: gpe-bluetooth, gpe-calendar, gpe-contacts, libgpevtype-dev,
> | # libgpevtype1, libgpevtype1-dbg

That is only because libgpevtype needed a binNMU to update the
libmimedir-gnome dependency and that has not built on hurd-i386 for
whatever reason. If those packages are hinted to go into testing
together, the "uninstallable" problem disappears.

>> libgpevtype 0.50-3+b1 has already been requested and most
>> architectures have completed it - waiting for hurd-i386 kfreebsd-amd64
>> and kfreebsd-i386.
>
> hurd-i386 is an official architecture, but isn't considered for testing
> migration. kfreebsd-* are unofficial architectures, and aren't
> considered either.

So can gpe-bluetooth, gpe-calendar, gpe-contacts and libgpevtype be
hinted to go into testing together with libmimedir-gnome please?

--

Neil Williams