Re: Debian release cycle for enterprise ?

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 12:07:58PM +0200, Frédéric PICA wrote:
> I could take a DNS server in example, when the server is configured and
> work, I have no reason to update the server to a new release for at least 4
> years if it have the latest security patches. Upgrading to a new stable
> version means updating configuration files, doing a complete checkup, a test
> phase, ...

Which is not a particularly hard thing to do every two years. The whole
point of running Debian on a server, or at least much of the point, is
that the world does not end when you have to upgrade; on the contrary,
it's mostly easy, and in places were it's not easy, it's manageable.

Frankly, if upgrading a DNS server running Debian every couple of years
presents a grave problem, maybe you need to rethink your definition of
"enterprise".

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.