Re: libpam-ldap upgrade breaks pam_ldap.conf and can't login

Il giorno sab, 10/03/2007 alle 14.43 -0800, Steve Langasek ha scritto:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> Here's the final NMU diff for the NMU which I'm uploading.  The NMU will be
> uploaded to incoming shortly.
[...]

Hi Steve,
I prepared a new upload for this package too. It has been ready for one
week now since I was waiting for a few translation updates. Moreover I
agreed with Stephen to hijack his packages libnss-ldap and libpam-ldap.

I checked your diff and you made a better work than I did about the
way /etc/pam_ldap.conf is updated. On my diff I probably better
explained to use a host or uri for shared/ldapns/ldap-server. I even
moved to a new upstream release, 183, that fixes 8 bugs.

I would like to merge these two diffs, but I don't want to change again
the debconf templates, so probably the best idea is to just use your
diff plus the new Italian translation I added, maybe applied to 183
instead of 180. (I already checked your diff against the new upstream
version: it fits perfectly.)

So, if you want, I could send you the Italian translation and you may
NMU the package. I would then start uploading 183 to unstable, once your
NMU migrate into etch.

Giuseppe