Re: (Bad) results of running piuparts over the whole archive

On 18/01/07 at 10:16 +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 10:03:35PM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > All logs are available on
> > http://people.debian.org/~lucas/logs/2007/01/16/
>
> I love these automated QA tests, thanks for that!
>
> > What do we do with that ? In another piuparts campaign at the end of
> > last year, I filed quite a lot of bugs, but voluntarily ignored
>
> I have no particular opinion about whether to fill bugs or not, but
> still I wouldn't be bothered if bug reports starts flowing for that to
> packages of mine: if they are issues they need to be fixed or at least
> known.
>
> In the meantime, could you please produce a list of packages classified
> by maintainer using dd-list? I guess it would be easier for you than for
> anyone else digging your logs.

Done here:
http://people.debian.org/~lucas/logs/2007/01/16/dd-list-FailedToRemove.txt
http://people.debian.org/~lucas/logs/2007/01/16/dd-list-FailedToInstall.txt

However, I'm not sure that the "everybody review logs for his packages"
approach is the good one: it's much more effecient to review 10 or 20
logs, than to review just one or two.