Re: Bug#404733: Mozilla-based and related packages status
On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 03:32:17AM -0800, Steve Langasek <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > - iceweasel has 2 RC bugs: #404733, which I intend to fix this week-end
> > if I have enough time for it, and #405592, which sounds like a typical
> > flash plugin crash, and may be downgraded as soon as we figure out.
> > It also has some few issues I'd like to have fixed, but that won't be
> > a huge diff for you to review.
> We're now down to 1 RC bug it seems, but this is still outstanding. I had
> heard from other members of the release team that an upload was expected
> this weekend, but that appears not to have happened. Since there seems to
> be a consensus that iceweasel should not ship /usr/lib/firefox, and this bug
> blocks a significant fraction of the remaining RC bugfixes for etch, I'm
> going to go ahead with preparing an NMU for this against the current
> unstable now.
We're still waiting for the new set of icons.
> > - xulrunner has 2 RC bugs that I'll fix this week-end. I don't know if
> > #405062 applies to stable libnspr4. Well, it does apply, but I don't
> > know if there are other packages that provide setuid or setgid
> > programs using it. I'm also going to make quite some modifications to
> > the iconv support.
> Unfortunately this RC bugfix upload was a new upstream version with an
> extensive diff, and the new version FTBFS on alpha with a timeout where the
> old version did not. I'm still in the process of determining if this is a
> regression in xulrunner, or if it's a regression in the toolchain since the
> last time xulrunner was built on alpha.
The codebase is the same as the one for iceape and icedove currently in
unstable... the only difference is the way it is linked altogether in a
single big dynamic library instead of a single big binary program.
As for #405062, the setgid program from evolution-data-server was
actually linked against libnspr4 for no reason (the joys of pkg-config
or libtool, probably), so there was actually no security problem with
that. Still better to have it fixed, though.
I'm going to prepare a new upload soonish to fix a last bunch of issues,
please keep me informed about the alpha status in the meanwhile.