Re: python 2.3

On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 12:38:05AM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
> An explicitely stated goal of the release team was to reduce the
> number of supported python versions for the next stable release.

It was?  I don't remember this...  I certainly wanted to make sure etch
didn't release with ancient, lingering versions of python like 2.1 and 2.2,
but from a release POV I never had strong feelings about getting rid of
python 2.3, which was the current version in sarge.  Indeed, it would be
nice to have overlap in the supported versions between one release and the
next, though this doesn't outweigh any concerns about being able to provide
security support.