Re: preparation for 2.6.18-6 kernel upload on monday 20th of november 2006.
On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 08:23:34AM +0100, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 11:36:48PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Hi, ...
> > As you may know, or not, we are waiting for the abi-breaking 2.6.18-6 to be
> > uploaded for pushing the 2.6.18 kernel into etch.
> > It seems 126.96.36.199 is announced for saturday, so this would mean a natural
> > tentative schedule of let's say monday the 20th of november 2006 as upload
> > date.
> > Is there any comment on this ? Anyone has any particular stuff they would like
> > included before -6 is released ? Or otherwise comments on this tentative
> > deadline ?
> I'd like to re-enable building atari images for m68k, 2.6.18 with some
> patches is working on atari again and we might even haven two new drivers
> for network hardware (one of those is working on our uberfast Falcons
> already, they other one might, but we are still waiting for the hardware,
> that's how new it is). Unfortunately I am a little handicapped right now and
> I also managed to shoot down my atari, so it might be a little difficult to
> test, once I have the patches sorted out. This would not change anything
> with the existing m68k images, it would just (re-)add another one, which
> means we have to go through new, but we have to anyhow because of the abi
Well, if you can send the patches, and they build, they can be included, and
tested at a later time, and fixed if fixing is needed.