Re: a few comments on the release notes

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 12:02:22AM -0000, peter green wrote:
> 2: the aptitude part also seems to have been copied straight from the sarge notes, is it still relavent

aptitude in etch is _much_ better at conflict resolution than the one in
sarge. (However, sometimes the upgrades get too big for it and the algorithms
start running in exponential time; I'm not sure if we can do anything useful
with this except document it and ask the user to fix some issues manually;
even though aptitude offers to abort by itself after a certain amount of
time, this can be confusing to users.)

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/