Re: m68k not a release arch for etch; status in testing, future plans?

Hi,

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006, Steve Langasek wrote:

> > The m68k porters have been firmly against cross-compiling in the past,
> > it's their call on whether this sort of approach is suitable.
>
> FWIW, it's my understanding he intends to run aranym on these systems,
> thereby making this native building in an emulator rather than
> cross-building.

Such setup is not restricted to aranym, I'm using it already for quite
some time. If it's acceptable, it could be installed on some of the slower
buildd and could drastically reduce the build times especially of some of
the larger packages.
While gcc-4.1 is a great improvement in reliability, it's not exactly an
improvement in perfomance.

bye, Roman