Re: Preparing linux-2.6 2.6.18-1

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 03:38:50PM +0200, Frederik Schueler wrote:
> First, the migration status and plan looks as follows:
> - after linux-latest-2.6 migrates into testing later today, we will upload
>   a new linux-latest-2.6 pointing to 2.6.18 to unstable.

This should be done with the last update run.

> Third: we will make at least one other round of NEW, as xen and vserver
> patches are currently missing, so there is no need to hurry for ABI
> changes or new flavors. We still have enough time to add everything we
> want to have at release time.

Xen should be okay. According to the maintainer of this tree, ia64
should work fine also.
VServer needs at least another day for a stable patch. The current one
seems to build on i386 and amd64 but fails badly on powerpc.

> The architectures taking part in the snapshot buildd network (amd64 i386
> powerpc s390 sparc) should be in a releasable state, while for the
> others, the build system has been changed to not fail if missing options
> are not set, but to pick the upstream default - this will hopefully help
> in building those architectures, which haven't been updated yet.

There was some last minute changes which breaks powerpc.

> If the release and debian-installer teams don't object, we will upload
> an unpruned linux-2.6 2.6.18-1 to unstable today.

I think we should wait one day.

Bastian

--
Men will always be men -- no matter where they are.
		-- Harry Mudd, "Mudd's Women", stardate 1329.8