Re: m68k not a release arch for etch; status in testing, future plans?

Stephen R Marenka <stephen@marenka.net> writes:

> True, but I've filed a number of such bugs only to find they were gcc
> toolchain problems. Many others were ignored out right, since we're
> not RC. I hadn't intended to file that bug until I had ruled out the
> compiler and maybe could file an intelligent bug report.

Fair enough.  My preference for packages that I maintain is that
people would file bugs right away, including in the bug report such
information as "this might really be caused by the toolchain".  But
this isn't a package I maintain, and I can't speak for the
maintainer's preferences in this matter.

Thomas