Timeline for r3
to keep everyone in the loop i would like to discuss my current plans
for the r3 timeline.
We have no fixed "freeze" date for r3 yet, but i currently plan to
freeze one or two weeks after the pending 2.6 kernel update is pushed by
the security team. If this is not enough time for the porters, please
I will start sending out Preparation mails for r3 beginning of next
week, as soon as some other issues with the new proposed-queue is
sorted out (hopefully).
I currently consider #373854 as RC for r3, and ask the security team to
either update it with another DSA or to tell us if we should fix it via
Also i would like to know from the security team what they think about
 and how to fix it.