Re: powerpc64, multiarch vs biarch and etch ...

* Goswin von Brederlow (brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de) [060605 12:13]:
> Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> writes:
>
> > * Raphael Hertzog (hertzog@debian.org) [060604 21:40]:
> >>
> >> So submitting patches (like you do) is the right thing to do and will
> >> bring result since the maintainers are not opposed to it.
> >>
> >> In fact, everyone is for multi-arch but there's no consensus on the best
> >> way to do it within core tools like dpkg.
> >
> > Usually, the best way to do it is just to show that it works. Feel free
> > to set up multiarch.debian.net, and show how it looks like. If someone
> > needs a dak setup, I'm willing to help there.

> That was already done twice, iirc, in the past. The patches just
> bitrot away into uselessness unless you do constant work on it. Which
> is a bit tiresome.

I cannot remember to have seen something like a workable base-system
with one or two sample applications. That might be perhaps of my bad
memory, but usually I remember mails to d-d-a.

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/