Re: Packages that ought to be kicked out of testing

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 03:04:25PM -0400, Kevin B. McCarty wrote:
> This is a follow-up to my email to debian-qa about packages that it
> would be nice to remove from unstable,
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2006/05/msg00026.html
> Two related packages and one of those on the list are also in testing:

> # No point in having interchange-doc without interchange
> # (not currently in testing).
> remove interchange-doc/5.2.0-1

Then the correct procedure is to first file a serious bug against
interchange-doc so that it doesn't wander back in on its own after the hint
is removed.

> # The most commonly installed binary package from gforge, gforge-common,
> # has only 12 installations in popcon.  One of its packages has been
> # uninstallable for 64 days.  There is also a possible security-related
> # bug, #328224 (it is not RC only because no one has yet
> # checked if it applies to the version in Debian, even though the bug
> # was submitted 253 days ago).  The versions in stable/testing/unstable
> # are identical.
> remove gforge/3.1-31

> # gforge has one reverse depends, gforge-theme-starterpack.
> remove gforge-theme-starterpack/3.1-1

Removing these has been previously suggested on the list, so this is
somewhere on the TODO stack already.