Re: Getting rid of ucd-snmp (libsnmp4.2)

Vladimir Volovich wrote on 28/04/2006 21:33:

>  JF> Currently, cheops is the only app still using this ancient SNMP
>  JF> library (at least on i386, cheops uses libsnmp9 on all other
>  JF> archs and in Ubuntu, as well). I'd really prefer to switch cheops
>  JF> to libsnmp9 for i386, as well and let libsnmp4.2 die its greatful
>  JF> death and remove it from etch. According to the upstream
>  JF> developers, there *might* be one final 4.2.7 release, but it's
>  JF> still not recommended due to the remaining 64-bit bugs and
>  JF> upstream maintenance will definitely stop here.
>
> just a note that the cyrus22-common package from http://incase.de/cyrus22/i386/
> also depends on libsnmp4.2

You realize that those are outdated by a number of uploads to Debian? I
just uploaded 2.2.13-1 to Debian and a matching -0bpo1 set of packages
to backports.org (though I'm not really sure the latter will make it
into the bpo archive, since there is a GPG key issue I should work out
with Norbert Tretkowski first).

Note also that the packages have been renamed from cyrus22-* to
cyrus-*-2.2, just so you know what to look for.

Note also that relatively recent sarge backports of the cyrus-*-2.2
packages are now available not from incase.de/cyrus22/*, but from:
deb http://mail.incase.de/cyrus22/ sarge main
for both i386 and amd64 (when I get a chance to build the amd64 version).

Regards,
Sven