Re: Bug#355641: Getting rid of ucd-snmp (libsnmp4.2)
- To: Vladimir Volovich <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: Jochen Friedrich <email@example.com>, Pierre Habouzit <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Bug#355641: Getting rid of ucd-snmp (libsnmp4.2)
- From: Steve Langasek <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:10:31 -0700
- Message-id: <20060428201031.GA27937@mauritius.dodds.net>
- Mail-followup-to: Vladimir Volovich <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, Jochen Friedrich <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Pierre Habouzit <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 11:33:45PM +0400, Vladimir Volovich wrote:
> JF> Currently, cheops is the only app still using this ancient SNMP
> JF> library (at least on i386, cheops uses libsnmp9 on all other
> JF> archs and in Ubuntu, as well). I'd really prefer to switch cheops
> JF> to libsnmp9 for i386, as well and let libsnmp4.2 die its greatful
> JF> death and remove it from etch. According to the upstream
> JF> developers, there *might* be one final 4.2.7 release, but it's
> JF> still not recommended due to the remaining 64-bit bugs and
> JF> upstream maintenance will definitely stop here.
> just a note that the cyrus22-common package from http://incase.de/cyrus22/i386/
> also depends on libsnmp4.2
> that's how i noticed that Blars broke libsnmp4.2 when he uploaded
> version 4.2.5-5.1 ;)
> so could you please not remove libsnmp4.2 while cyrus22-common is
> still dependent on it?
No. This is not a Debian package, it's irrelevant to this decision.
Steve Langasek Give me a lever long enough and a Free OS
Debian Developer to set it on, and I can move the world.