Re: Removing mozilla from sid/etch?

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 04:41:12PM -0400, Ari Pollak <aripollak@gmail.com> wrote:
> Andreas Metzler wrote:
> > It cannot be done immediately, as a couple of packages[1] (openoffice[2],
> > ...) link against mozilla libraries (libnspr4, libnss3) but I think it
> > should be a release goal, shouldn't it?
>
> I tried building mozilla-mplayer against xulrunner instead of mozilla-dev, and
> the plugin stopped working in firefox & mozilla (but worked fine in epiphany &
> galeon, which use xulrunner). So it isn't feasible right now for me to stop
> linking against Mozilla's libraries.

Have you tried to not actually link to the xulrunner libs ? The plugin
being loaded by the browser, the symbols used by the plugin are already
loaded. That way you get a plugin that is useable with everything.

> Also, the Mozilla Suite replacement, Seamonkey, should be uploaded before
> Mozilla should even be considered removable.

As stated before. Seamonkey is not exactly Mozilla. It shouldn't be
uploaded as a new version of mozilla.

Mike