SRM team meeting 2006-03-14

Hi,

following the notes from the stable release team meeting on March 14th,
taken by Thijs and delayed and checked by me. Thanks, Thijs for writing
down all of this. Of course, there has been some progress in the last 16
days, so please take this mail as status from March 14th, and not as
from today.

Present: Andreas Barth (aba), Frans Pop (fjp), Marc Brockschmidt (HE),
Jon Bernard (jbernard), Julien Danjou (jd_), Joey Schulze (Joey), Thijs
Kinkhorst (kink), Steve McIntyre (Sledge), Martin Zobel-Helas (zobel).

Tools
-----
Joey points the people present to the tools he uses:
debian-prepare-update, that generates the well-known status webpage,
email text and ftpmaster commands. There's not much more to it.

sudo
----
The current security update is broken, and needs to be fixed before we
can release r2. jbernard has agreed to look into that and come up with a
concrete solution within about a week that can satisfy the maintainer
(Bdale) and the security team.

check all packages
------------------
All packages that are currently on
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianReleases/PointReleases that have *NOT OK*
need to be looked at. We will all take packages from this list, report
in the IRC channel if we do so, and report the result to -release.
It needs to be checked if these packages are really candidates for
stable and whether they don't break anything.

An RT tracker is being set up to which the participants can get access.

kernel updates
--------------
There's a summary at
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernelSargeUpdateStatus, but no known
timeline. fjp reports that d-i can only really start on an updated
installer after the kernel images are accepted by the security team. aba
will contact debian-kernel about their plans. fjp asserts that some
'maturing' of the proposed kernel updates is desirable.

amd64
-----
The unofficial amd64 release is still at r0, and they'd like to catch
up. We need to include them on our schedule so they can plan with us.
aba will speak to mrvn about it.

CD building
Sledge needs 24 hours for a full build, preferably in a weekend.

Action items
- all: open packages on http://wiki.debian.org/DebianReleases/PointReleases
- aba: follow kernel security; coordinate with amd64
- jbernard: check sudo
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/