Mostly there's a long list of packages which need to go in ahead of
new libpng, which aren't ready.
* dillo needs a binNMU on sparc; then it can go in.
* The ARM buildd (grieg) needs to get rid of the old libpng12-dev,
and then gif2png needs a binNMU on ARM (alternatively, a hand-built binNMU
* gif2png needs an 'urgent' hint
-- after those two, it can go in
* penguin-command needs a new upload with fixed build-depends (bug 303705,
which justifies removal of the version in testing if necessary)
* zvbi needs a sourceful binNMU for sparc, or a new upload (it's small, so
maybe a new upload is reasonable, but make sure grieg is fixed first so
ARM won't need a binNMU)
* matanza should be removed from testing (#328352, #335274) and probably
even from unstable (given the copyright issues in #335274).
Actually, all of the "maintainer"'s other packages, shc, should be
removed from unstable for copyright reasons as well (#335278, and the
same totally-wrong-copyright bug applies to bandersnatch -- I just
filed it, and #332610).
(How did this guy become a DD? He can't possibly have passed Policy &
Procedures or Tasks & Skills.)
* pgplot5 (non-free) needs an upload to build against libpng12-dev (328345)
* printbill likewise (bug 328333)
* tuxpuck likewise (bug 328335)
* xnecview likewise (bug 328334)
* libgtk-perl has to go in ahead of libpng (or be removed), but it depends
on new perl and new imlib, and so on the whole gnome 1 tangle. Meaning,
GNOME 1 tangle in before lipng in. ;-)
* if rapidsvn and pysvn are removed, or subversion gets in,
wxwindows should go in.
* That's the lot. Everything else broken by new libpng depends on wxwindows
Nathanael Nerode <email@example.com>
"(Instead, we front-load the flamewars and grudges in
the interest of efficiency.)" --Steve Lanagasek,